This listing has expired.
Temp to Hire/Contract Position
8:00am – 8:00pm 11 days on, 3 days off rotation
- Must be Mechanically proficient
- Previous experience in oil field preferred
- Willing and able to work long hours with physical exertion.
- Must have steel toed boots (will issue hard hat and safety glasses)
Duties will consist of Manual labor – Assembling downhole completion tool equipment (packers, liner hangers, toe sleeves, etc.). Will be operating a forklift, pressure testing equipment, overhead crane, torque machine, grinder and pressure washer.
Under strict supervision, performs maintenance functions such as repairs on down-hole tools, surface equipment and other production equipment in the application for down-hole tools. Assembles and disassemble down-hole tools, surface equipment, and other production equipment. Basic computer skills are preferred. Licensure to drive commercial equipment may be required. Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary. The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required. Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required. Basic computer skills are preferred. This is the entry level position into the tool tech family. Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines. Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
- Learns basic repair skills for PSL/sub PSL equipment but not limited to:
- Basic skills required in assembly and disassembly of tools associated with PSL/sub-PSL.
- HMS processes in accordance with assigned PSL/sub-PSL tool operations.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment a plus.
- Ability to read and understand tool drawings a plus.