The Service Technician (Service Tech) is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the solids control equipment. Under the direction and supervision of the Field Supervisor, the incumbent will assist with the rigging up/rigging down of solids control equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair and maintain solids control equipment (centrifuges, etc.) in preparation of upcoming jobs.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues.
- Performs electrical repairs related to pumps, generators, centrifuges, mixing tanks, etc.
- Assists with the rigging up and rigging down of Dynamic’s Rental Equipment.
- Maintains accurate service logs.
- Completes rental agreements, delivery tickets, and service reports.
- Completes additional required documentation on a daily basis including bill or ladings, work tickets, etc.
- Ensures proper safety and operating procedures are followed for closed loop operations.
- Provides ongoing communication and documentation with supervisors, field client representatives and fellow crew workers.
- Cleans and fuels Dynamic’s Rental Equipment.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Safety and the Environment. Monitors at all times and adjusts, within own discretion, the safety requirements for each project.
- Perform all duties so as to meet the responsibilities and standards set forth in safety and employee handbooks.
- Attends required safety meetings and training programs.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
This job operates on remote rig location and routinely in outdoor working conditions and at times, on an uneven terrain. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and fax machines. This position may be exposed to marked changes in temperature, exposure to dust and loud machinery.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sit and stand for extended periods and will be required to walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee will frequently lift or move heavy items and must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds, may occasionally be able to lift or move up to 100 pounds and will rarely lift or move up to 150 pounds. This position will operate and/or use hand tools, Forklift, Backhoe and Excavator on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. This position requires the ability to clearly communicate verbally with others. Must be able to drive a vehicle.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position on a rotational schedule of 10 days on/2 days off. Days and hours of work vary as the incumbent will be expected to be on call for 24 hours during their scheduled 10 day rotation. This position will often require extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Frequent and extensive long distance travel is required to and from customer rig location sites and out-of-area and overnight travel should be expected.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with all levels of personnel.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility. Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
- Must enjoy working with a team and on an individual basis.
- Must possess strong work-ethic and be self-motivated. Plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills and have the ability to read and interpret various documents.
- Must be able to use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication.
- Solid oil and gas industry work experience and product knowledge.
- Familiarity with a variety of oil and gas industry concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and proficient in the use of computer and software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Possess a complete knowledge and understanding of the operation components of solids control equipment.
- Has a working knowledge of solids control equipment operation, drilling fluid functions, solids control systems, and treatment of water and oil-based mud’s.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Remain flexible in order to adapt to frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Study and apply new information, take initiative.
- Excellent time-management, problem prevention and problem solving skills.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the workforce.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Oilfield industry experience desirable.
- Electrical and/or diesel mechanic background a plus.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, physical, and drug screen. A valid driver’s license is required. This position will also require H2S and Safe Land certification.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.