This position requires a self-starter who can work independently with good decision-making skills while gathering and analyzing complex data from a wide range of sources. The source of data includes, but is not limited to leases, contracts, title opinions, division orders and other such related documents. Strong attention to detail and knowledge of Onshore land activities is required.
The position requires someone knowledgeable about the upstream energy business who regularly acquires knowledge of industry practices, trends, regulations, laws, rulings as they pertain to our core business activities. This position requires someone skilled in all facets of ownership including various interaction levels with internal and external business partners.
This person in this role must possess strong analytical skills, computer skills and advanced knowledge about the use of core computer applications along with related applications that support our business effort. The ability to interact with the upstream organization using excellent interpersonal skills, while being aligned to company goals and objectives, and embracing Hess Values is also required.
ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work closely with Team Lead and cross functional land team on deliverables
- Timely process incoming ballot proposals on non-operated wells. Identify relevant leases & contracts, calculate WI and NRI, reconcile with existing wells, contact Operator for title opinions and other data, monitor due dates and respond to ballots with the required time limits.
- Work closely with counterparts such as Land and Accounting to reconcile interest in non-operated wells. This may include coordinating updates to revenue and gross working interests.
- Support and respond timely to Land colleagues and Business Development by making available ownership and acreage information. This may include preparation of Exhibits and Assignments.
- Monitor and communicate Lease Expirations and Extensions for recommendations. Prepare appropriate documentation, such as Lease Extension and/or Release of Lease as required or requested.
- Field and respond to telephone and written questions on variety of land and non-land related matters including, but not limited to, questions from mineral owners, working interest owners or brokers, regarding lease inquiries etc.
- Must be familiar with applicable federal and state regulations, in addition to understanding formats of various legal descriptions to analyze spacing and unit map information.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with both internal and external business partners as well as property owners to obtain needed information and/or documents or to convey information.
- Adhere to internal document management process to ensure pertinent correspondence, instruments, records, and all other data are filed, imaged and indexed appropriately for retrieval and analysis.
- Alignment with company needs to monitor and measure business activities and to continuously improve business processes.
- Contribute to and support LEAN practices in all aspects of role as the Company moves toward a distinctive LEAN culture which is a foundation block for BPEI in 2020.
- Strong knowledge of land including:
- Lease, royalty and joint interest partner concepts
- Detailed knowledge of oil and gas laws and operations
- Contract administration
- Excellent Communication, multitasking and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills; specifically, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. MS Access,
- Advanced Land Systems is a plus (SAP, Quorum Land Systems or ArcGIS)
- Project Management- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and requirements of multiple internal and external customers and stakeholders, ability to manage project objectives, time lines and success criteria.
- Trusted Partner – Extends a high level of professionalism, courtesy and friendliness to customers; is responsive to customer requests and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Collaboration –Strong interpersonal skills required with the ability to establish/maintain relationships and internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively in person, via telephone and writing. Conveys information and ideas clearly and succinctly through a variety of media, knows the audience and verifies that the message has been understood.
- Resiliency/Self-Management – Maintains a positive outlook, even when faced with difficult situations, maintains performance standards under pressure and/or tight deadlines, takes initiative for own development; seeks opportunities to learn something new.
- Continuous Improvement– Actively seek ways to improve efficiency of work processes and policies.
- Minimum of 5 years of oil and gas experience is desirable, in one of the following: Land Tech or Land Analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable or commensurate experience.
- Certifications or degrees in the following are also a plus: Law, Petroleum Land Management.