**NOTES FROM HIRING MANAGER**
- No Visa Sponsorship for this position – ONLY PERMANENT RESIDENTS OR US CITIZENS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Extensive drilling experience
- Understands safety standards and hazards of drilling industry
- TWIC Card
- 50% Traveling
- Experience from offshore rig preferred but will consider “Directional drillers” as long as they have extensive experience
- Perform onsite training and coaching of assigned personnel in the proper use of National Oilwell Varco drilling control systems including Cyberbase, Amphion and EDS systems and others as required.
- Perform onsite training in the areas of operations and maintenance of all Drilling equipment installed on drilling platforms ranging from a land based rapid rig to a drillship.
- Oversee, observe, and instruct assigned customer personnel during normal drilling activities including driller, assistant driller and floor hand personnel.
- Perform classroom-based training on the operations and maintenance of National Oilwell Varco drilling control systems for operations and maintenance of the systems.
- Provide technical document training for assigned customer personnel.
- Maintain classrooms and associated equipment in good order and ensure the same are operationally functional for all assigned classes.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of three years drilling experience in a driller’s position. Offshore drilling experience is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with automated drilling controls is required.
- Candidate must have knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the drilling industry.
- Solid understand of PLC and SBC computer principals.
- Firm Siemens Step 7 working knowledge.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate personal computers and work with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to diagnose, train, and coach electrical and mechanical failures.
- Ability to comprehend technical instructional repair manuals.
- Good record of safety and strong understanding of petroleum industry procedures in accordance with IADC standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment involving multinational employees.
- Ability to maintain daily reports and training records.
- Have, or can obtain, a Department of Homeland Security Transportation Worker’s Identification Credential (TWIC).
Apply for job