WORK SCHEDULE: 4 am 3:30 pm MONDAY – FRIDAY (MAY INCLUDE WEEKENDS)
NEEDING TO FILL IMMEDIATELY
PERTINENT REQUIREMENTS, MUST SHOW ON THE RESUME
The individual must be Level II in the following disciplines:
- UT Level II able to perform shear wave Ultrasonic Inspection in accordance with the American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 as well as be qualified to inspect under the requirements of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section V Article 4 for welds.
- Level II MT to perform Magnetic Particle Inspection to meet ASTM E709, with cables as well as Yoke
- Level II PT able to perform visible dye Liquid Penetrant inspection to ASTM E165
- Perform hardness testing in accordance with ASTM E10 and ASTM E18
Perform a wide variety of inspection and quality control operations e.g. visual, dimensional, functional, and non-destructive techniques, to make necessary critical observations, tests, or completing appropriate documentation as required.
- Perform inspections on components.
- Perform source inspections at facilities.
- Prepare inspection reports and maintain files of inspection documents.
- Review inspection records received for compliance.
- Maintain inspection and measuring equipment.
- Prepare and coordinate Non-Conformance Reports (NCR’s) for nonconforming parts.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Operate inspection machines and read the results of the tests.
- Interpret the results of tests per the appropriate SOP.
- Maintain daily log books.
- Write testing procedures when applicable.
- Verify certifications from vendors.
- Comply with all departmental rules.
- Maintain measurement and test equipment as required.
- Utilize a wide variety of measurement and test equipment.
- Find and evaluate NDE findings per the appropriate Standard Operating Procedure.
- Previous NDE and dimensional inspection experience.
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, material specifications and requirements.
- Ability to pass dimensional inspection training and testing.
- Have obtained NDE Level II Certification or the ability to obtain in house in accordance with ASNT-TC-1A requirements. Must maintain NDE Certification throughout employment.
- MT, PT, and UT Level II, required. Film interpreter license is a plus.
- Experienced performing shear wave of welds in accordance with both ASME Section V and AWS D1.1 to include calibration of the instrument for the inspection.
- Knowledge of ABS and DNV requirements for drilling equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge of API 8C, 6A, and 16A requirements is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn different software programs.
- Willing to work flexible hours including overtime as required.
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.