- Years of experience must not exceed 5 years.
- Offshore experience/exposure is a must for HSE.
- For PQE, oil & gas experience is a must.
- Office based, may require travel. Full time/salaried.
The Project HSE Engineer will support Payara project team to ensure effective implementation and adherence of HSE and safety policy and project requirements. Ensure that project follow technical safety standards, HSE principles and aligned with Corporate and Company safety standards.
The duties of the Project HSE Engineer are but not limited to:
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current HSE policies, regulations and industrial processes.
- Develop project HSE documents
- Participate on emergency operations
- Leading or taking part on audits
- Prepare, follow and close out of risk assessment process.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with project and local standards.
- Support with HSE inspections, audits and self-assessments.
- Participation and support on incident investigation as well on reporting
- Conduct and coordinate regular safety training
- Liaise with subcontractors and site supervision team
- Issue monthly KPIs, reports, HSE implementation plan follow up.
- Support the Offshore Project Team to ensure that all HSE issues are identified and resolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline or HSE equivalent.
- ISO 14001, 45001, OHSAS 18001 training
- Degree or Certification in HSE/ Risk management from accredited university or institution such as Nebosh or OSHA is a plus
- OSHA, SHE or CSHO is a plus.
- 2 + years’ experience involving leading and conducting risk assessments.
- 3 + years’ experience in a HSE role
- 2 + years’ experience in OSHA compliance preferred
- Critical thinking skills to be able to identify potential hazards before they become a health threat, environmental or asset damage.
- Onshore fabrication works experience
- Offshore experience on construction and pipe lay vessels.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Self-starter / motivated
- Willing to travel onshore or offshore locations
- Strong management and multitasking ability
- Ability to apply the best working practices
- Complex Problem Solving, able to develop and evaluate options to be implemented
- Proficient in basic computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Relational Databases).
- Able to work both team and individual-based work environments.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
This position might require travelling to onshore and offshore locations
The person must be fit for duty with excellent health conditions.