The Procurement Specialist (PS) serves as a member of the Regional Purchasing Team. This position is responsible for facilitating and maintaining the purchasing process from requests for materials and services all the way through the invoice payment and purchase order closeout process. This includes participation in all aspects of the purchasing process, across multiple operations and facilities, for the categories assigned to the SPS.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for generating purchases of materials and services for multiple facilities.
- Responsible for administering and managing the lifecycle of purchase orders.
- Responsible for following protocol throughout supplier’s purchasing process.
- Reviews supplier performance regularly to ensure that all aspects of the Purchase to Pay process are properly maintained.
- Maintains adequate purchasing records.
- Issues purchase orders and performs expediting when required to assure purchase order delivery schedule is met, and suppliers are meeting contractual criteria.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to understand need requirements.
- Keeps PO status up to date.
- Participates in periodic, supplier KPI reviews along with GCM.
- Monitors the PO receipt process and ensures PO’s are appropriately paid and closed.
- Complies with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Participates on cross-functional teams with Global Category Management (GCM) to identify and select suppliers as appropriate.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Procurement/Purchasing professional or relevant Supply Chain experience
- APICS and/or ISM certification preferred
- Purchase in Commodities experience highly preferred
- APICS and/or ISM Certification Preferred
- Purchase in commodities
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Effective Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Microsoft Office (ex. Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Conflict Management
- Technical Learning (incl. basic knowledge of manufacturing and print/specification reading.)
- Problem Solving
- Business Systems (ex. Oracle, Cognos, ERP, SAP, Team Center, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required