Contract Position through 2022 (minimum 2 years)
The selected candidate will work with two project teams. For the first 9 to 12 months the work will be in an engineering contractor’s office on the west side of Houston. The project will then move to the Cedar Bayou plant in Baytown, TX.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leads the PMT in developing and establishing a planning and scheduling execution plan appropriate for the project, including project specific schedule assurance plans.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the resource-loaded master schedule for the project including amalgamation of primary contractor schedules into the master schedule.
- Responsible routine progress reporting. Monitors and reports progress and forecasts key milestone dates based on project performance history.
- Prepares any special schedules, progress reports for team activities
- Ensures full understanding and awareness within the PMT of the activities and relationships which make up the critical and near-critical path(s) to key milestones. Advises the PMT of opportunities to improve schedule flexibility; or minimize risk of slippage.
- Works closely with cost estimating and control functions to ensure fully integrated project control services to PMT.
- Flags any contractor’s intention to re-baseline without the prior approval of Company.
- Maintains log of contractor planning revisions and progress problems, including cause / effect data, for use in contract change order management or claim management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, or related subject is preferred. In lieu of degree, will consider 7 years of planning & scheduling experience in the Chemical, or Refining industry.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 years of planning & scheduling experience in the Chemical or Refining industry acting in the facility owner’s role.
- Experience as the lead planning & scheduling role on at multiple successful projects with at least one project > $50 Million TIC through all phases of development and execution preferred. Includes early development, FEED, and the execution phases of detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication/construction installation, and commissioning.
- A concise understanding of Scheduling & Planning Techniques.
- Skilled user of planning & scheduling tools, techniques, and software commonly used (required Primavera P6, preferred, ZOHO, MS Projects, Fast Track Schedule 10, and @Task).
- Advanced proficiency in Primavera P6 v8.1 or higher.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- A basic knowledge of the chemical or refining industry and experience in execution of project in these types of facilities using a phased project execution process.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to serve a broad range of company business leaders, project teams, and our contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work from a position of credible influence based on planning & scheduling knowledge versus a position of authority.
- Organized, self‐motivated, proactive, creative and results oriented.
- Able to manage change and resolve conflicts
- Experience with Advanced Work Packaging is preferred
- AACE International certification as a Planning & Scheduling Professional™ is a plus.