CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. NO VISA SPONSORSHIP. SPONSORSHIP WILL NOT BE PROVIDED AT ANY STAGE.
NO RELOCATION OFFERED
WORK SCHEDULE: TYPICALLY 7:30 – 4:00PM
PERTINENT REQUIREMENTS – MUST SHOW ON RESUME:
- 2-3 BUYING/PURCHASING EXPERIENCE
- MRP EXPERIENCE
- ORACLE OR ERP SYSTEMS
- SUPPLIER RELATIONS
- EXCEL EXPERIENCE
Oklahoma’s manufacturing production management group is currently recruiting for a OSP Buyer. The ideal candidate should be able to perform daily supply chain and buyer functions with a focus on communication with suppliers.
- Identify and select primary and secondary suppliers.
- Complete requests for quotes and negotiate procurement contracts.
- Issue purchase orders and expedite orders.
- Coordinate contract agreements.
- Verify the purchase orders and keep PO status up to date.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Issues purchase orders and confirms orders.
- Expedite orders when necessary.
- Work with the MRP system to establish requirements and priorities.
- Communicate with vendor priorities and obtain realistic delivery dates.
- Ensure all price variances are justified.
- Interface and work with all disciplines in the organization in a manner that addresses the requirements of the end item customer.
- Analyze supplier quotes and make best purchasing decision based on the needs of the organization.
- Coordinating and scheduling drop shipments between Suppliers in an organized and efficient manner.
- Will notify production planning of the delays that will impact the customer’s delivery.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2 – 3 years experience as a buyer/purchaser.
- Familiar with Oracle or similar ERP System.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a team, as well as independently.
- Self Motivated and teachable.
- Knowledge of inventory movement, BOM and work order variance.
- Ability to work and communicate with vendors and 3rd parties on issues
- High School Diploma or GED – Bachelor’s degree preferred