Temp to hire/Contract Position
- This position is intended to be filled on an as needed basis; meaning when we have a job in house, we will call and alert the contractor that they will be required to work the job during specified hours.
- Position will require weekend work, overnight work, possibly with not very much notice (several days advanced notice).
- Hours may be as many as 39 and as few as 0.
- Ideal candidate would have a STEM degree (Geology degree strongly preferred) and 0-1 years of industry experience.
- Alternatively a candidate with experience in core analysis industry but without a geologic background would be considered
- Position will require ability to lift up to 60 pounds of material.
Under direct supervision, assists in planning and conducts sample preparation and laboratory testing on metallic, non-metallic, and/or welding materials and components. Acquires basic knowledge of test procedures and techniques. Documents test procedures, data, observations, and results. Acquires working knowledge of metallic, non-metallic, and/or welding materials and processes, and their application to components. Acquires working knowledge of materials or welding quality control inspection techniques, mechanical test equipment, and test instrumentation. Aquires parts for prototypes, solicits from and provides help to manufacturing as necessary, and assists in release of new materials and processes into production. Incorporates Reliability, HSE, Quality analysis, and Project Management techniques in all job processes. Applies company sanctioned standards, material and processing specifications, and appropriate Laboratory practices and conventions. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability, or operations. Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined. Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree in a field of science or through 2 years of related work experience.
- Conducts tests on materials, components, subassemblies, and tools.
- Acquires basic knowledge of test procedures and techniques.
- Documents test procedures, data, observations, and results.
- Assembles components for prototype tools and for tests.
- Acquires basic knowledge of assembly tools and techniques.
- Documents assembly procedures and techniques.
- Learns and applies company sanctioned standards and specifications.
- Acquire basic knowledge of materials, components, and their application.
- Assists in handling straightforward field and manufacturing problems to maintain and improve products and services.
- Incorporates Reliability, HSE and Quality analysis techniques in all job processes.
- Learns how to acquire parts for prototypes and learns manufacturing processes.
- Acquire basic knowledge of inspection techniques, machining, electronics, and test instrumentation
- Learns and utilizes project management skills in the organization and execution of project assignments as necessary.