This position is for a SAP Functional resource for SAP Plant Maintenance.
- Either via formal training or on the job development has accumulated over 7 years of experience in SAP Plant Maintenance.
- Candidate must have experience in SAP preventive maintenance methodologies, thorough understanding of Condition Based Maintenance, Utilization Based Maintenance and can perform related SAP configuration activities to support business requirements.
- Must have a very good understand of integration methodologies from external systems to and from SAP, like PI/PO; IDOC’s, web services, BAPI’s etc.
- Good understanding of how web services can be utilized in interfacing with SAP to and from externals systems.
- Exhibits expert level understanding of SAP Plant Maintenance configuration, measurement points, equipment master, user statues, complex equipment hierarchies, classification, work order and work order settlement, and has participated in upgrades and large enhancement projects.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and good communications skills to work with our end customers.
- Must be experienced in business requirements gathering and creating detailed functional designs.
- Ability to work independently on enhancement requests, ability to build functional design documents, inclusive working with the ABAP developer to build the technical specification, based on customer requirements.
- Experience in LSMW and other mass update tools to maintain equipment is preferred.
- While this resource will not be doing SAP ABAP development if the candidate has the ability to read and debug SAP and how to find and utilize user exits in order to understand functionality they would be preferred over others.
Under broad direction, responsible for the development, maintenance, and/or support of application(s) in an assigned technology, major system, or functional area (e.g., process simulation, document management, payroll, etc.). Duties include analysis leading to requirements/specifications, estimates, and system designs. Assist others with programming, system testing, documentation, system deployment, training, and project setup/support often involving performing project setups, analyses, designs, etc., for/with customers. Similar duties are often associated with the selection, acquisition, installation and configuration of applications licensed from third parties. Assist in supervising others. Provides basic job training and guidance on a regular basis; performs work of same or closely allied nature. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined. Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in CS, MIS, BA or Engineering and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of software development experience years of experience in Systems Development and/or Applications Support which includes experience in Analysis, Design, Programming, Product Selection, Support and/or Maintenance. Good knowledge of functional area and associated applications and information technologies. Computer skills are well developed with capability to perform analysis and develop relatively complex applications.
- Follow a zero-defect mindset in developing, maintaining, testing and deploying software.
- Perform analysis leading to project requirements/specifications, estimates, and system designs.
- Participate and guide activities in programming, system testing, documentation, deployment, and training.
- Participate in the selection of third party systems and their installation, configuration and deployment.
- Provide project setup/support services to projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise for given application technologies or application functionality to application users and other application staff.
- Review and provide guidance to junior application analysts in problem identification, resolution, and implementation.
- Provide a high level of customer support.
- Can be asked to operate as focal contact point for an application, group of applications, or specific customer group.