THIS IS AN ENTRY- LEVEL ROLE, HIRING MANAGER IS ONLY INTERESTED IN CANDIDATES WITH 1-3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. NO VISA SPONSORSHIPS. SPONSORSHIPS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED AT ANY STAGE.
The Intercompany (IC) Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely accounting of IC transactions between U.S. Rig Aftermarket and other entities (domestic and international). This is a hands-on and challenging role working closely with the IC team, the IC Accounting Supervisor, the Accounting Manager, and with accounting contacts at various affiliates.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information such as IC purchases, sales revenue, markup, and freight expenses.
- Prepares and posts journal entries to the general ledger.
- Creates and distributes the monthly Sales Mark-up file to affiliates.
- Generates monthly intercompany billings (‘IDCMs’ or Intercompany Debit/Credit Memos).
- Communicates and coordinates with affiliate partners to record IC transactions, analyze IC balances, and propose domestic clearings.
- Reconciles intercompany accounts, including Inter-Unit markup, with a large volume of intercompany partners.
- Updates the Open Items lists and ensures that IC balances are properly aged.
- Submits approved wire settlements in Treasury’s PMP System.
- Intricate member of the IC Accounting team involved in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes.
- Provides variance explanations at quarter-end for SOX accounting control 14 compliance.
- Assists with fulfilling audit requests for customs compliance, internal and external audits.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with the company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
Qualifications – External Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Beginner to Intermediate Excel skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with people at all levels
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Dependable; pro-active; self-starter
- Experience working with ERP systems
Additional Skills and Experience
- GL close experience
- One to three years of overall accounting experience
- Experience preparing balance sheet account reconciliations
- SOX compliance knowledge/exposure
- Microsoft Access database experience
- Strong desire to make process improvements
Working Environment and Conditions:
Normal office environment under a Distribution-type operation with exposure to moderate noise levels. Familiarity with operations of standard office equipment.