The Field Construction Representative facilitates field execution of the contractor for the .F/INF and Asset Retirement Equipment Demo projects.
Ensures field execution of projects is adhering to company Standards/Rules, and all interfaces are clearly communicated to with respect to scope and schedule.
- 21/21 rotation schedule, lodging included with $250 per diem.
- Hitch starts on a Thursday, half day of travel on each end of hitch.
- All candidates must be able to start work ASAP.
Work of the Role:
- Participate in pre-planning of future projects they are assigned to as directed.
- Responsible for facilitating transfer of locations from upstream suppliers and handing off to customers.
- Ensures Construction Ground Disturbance Policy is followed by contractor.
- Facilitates resolving issues with delivery of company owned equipment between Global Supply Chain, Project Lead, and General Contractor (G.C.).
- Responsible for daily site visits to assigned locations and approval of work permits.
- Attends jobsite tailgate meetings, contractor safety meetings, and review JSAs on location on periodic basis as auditor and assistant to teams.
- Ensures that contractors (last planners) are updating project progress accurately in SPS.
- Ensures that facilities are constructed without deviation according to the IFC Design (P&IDs and E/I).
- Works with contractors to facilitate work process efficiencies.
- Communicate impacts and design deviations to Construction Lead and Project Lead.
- Provides assistance with preliminary review and communication of all changes that could either impact cost or schedule.
- Responsible to lead joint walk downs and assist contractor with clearing MPLs.
- Responsible to facilitate cross functional activities involving the contractor on location.
- Simops with other groups (Drilling, shutdown with OPS, LOTO, etc.)
- Work with land owners and government personnel as directed.
- Responsible for looping in Design/Manufacturing Representative and PLs on all busts per the standard bust process.
- First line of decision making on warranty requests.
- Responsible for making sure contractors are following company Standard Processes to result in similar execution and delivery results NOR and SOR, reporting discrepancies to Project Lead and Construction Lead.
- Participate in review of drawing/construction packages.
- Safety (per month for locals, per hitch for rotational):
- 2 TREND observations
- 2 additional EHS audits
- Site Assessment Checklist
- DROPS hazard hunt
- Hands hazard hunt
- JSA Audit (singular focus on any one of the safety topics)
Quality Assurance Facilitator
- Receipt inspections (See PFD for Rec Inspection/MPL Correction & Resolution Process)
- Coach/Mentor the Fabricators & Constructors in the execution of the onsite receiving inspection for controllable equipment, for the handover from the fabricator to the constructor, per the Process Flow Diagram.
- Participate in the onsite Receiving Inspection Process.
- Review & Approve/Sign the Custody XFER Form, with list of identified MPL items.
- Audit by exception the MPL corrections, by the fabricator, which have been verified by the constructor QC as complete/resolved.
- Identify if/when MPL corrections are not completed in a timely manner, and work towards resolution with the fabricator, to bring into compliance.
- In process inspections/JWD (See PFD for Const QA/QC & Joint Walkdown Process)
- Confirm SOW & IFC’s match for fabricator rev’s and interconnect. Assist in resolving conflicts.
- Monitor/Audit constructor in process inspections. Provide signatures on QA forms, as available.
- Participate in joint walkdowns, assist with MPL generation, and disputed items.
- Sign Custody Transfer Form, with attached list of MPL’s.
- Audit by exception MPL resolutions with General Contractor, prior to QA Sign-off.
- Coordinate/Participate in Post IP Walkdown Process.
- Review and advise on budgets and change orders as requested by the Project Lead.
Any other task assigned by the Project/Construction Lead and able to be performed competently and safely.
Expected Behaviours as a Leader and as a Team Member
As a Leader:
- Participate with contractor in pre-planning for assigned projects.
- Work with team of contractors to deliver projects according to design, cost, and schedule.
- Clear obstacles and pursue clarification for contractors as problems arise.
- Challenge less than desirable results and work towards positive change with contractor.
- As they occur, communicate any concerns or impacts to the contractor so they can react accordingly in a timely manner.
- Daily engagement on projects with the contractors performing the work.
- As a representative of the company, always behave in a professional manner and communicate with respect to those you work with.
As a Team Member:
- Commit to and support Project Lead and management’s decisions.
- Contribute Ideas towards maximizing efficiency and conflict resolution.
- Focused on achieving collective results.