M-F 8am – 5pm in an office environment.
- Conduct invoice pricing audits
- Review contracted pricing
- Call suppliers
- Issue Purchase Orders and work reports
3-6 years related experience is preferred.
Under general supervision, compiles requests for materials, prepares purchase orders using defined buying channels, tracks purchases/supplies, and handles inquiries about orders utilizing established sources either through category management or locally defined suppliers. Works with material coordinators/warehousemen to eliminate material constraints. Resolves goods and invoice receipts issues and enlists supervisor’s or procurement specialist’s help when needed. Performs all duties in accordance with established policies and procedures. Performs duties as delegated with regards to selecting and qualifying suppliers for local needs that are not covered under category management. May perform RFQ’s up to their procurement authority and assist in other areas as directed by Supervisor. May lead in the development of less experienced buyers by providing direction, advice and counsel regarding procurement and material functions and administration. Job tasks impact cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Skills are typically acquired through at least 3-6 years of related experience. Undergraduate degree in applicable discipline preferred.
- Compiles requests for materials, prepares purchase orders using defined buying channels, tracks purchases and supplies, and handles inquiries about orders
- Issues Purchase Orders as required to maintain inventory levels or field location demand
- Complies with and executes Category Management strategy in accordance with policies and procedures
- Expedites, de-expedites and issues change orders to meet field demands
- Reviews material requirements to help determine inventory levels and appropriate lead times
- Analyzes and resolves goods and invoice receipt issues with assistance as needed
- Provides guidance to less experienced field buyers