Monday through Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm
Under general supervision, assists Maintenance Mechanic in performing a variety of tasks in support of plant construction and maintenance activities. Reads and interprets instructions and documentation and plans work activities. Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site. May perform tasks associated with a specific trade as directed in order to deliver a maintenance contract. Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined. Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Skills are typically acquired through possession of a Forklift license and one year experience in general building maintenance which includes experience in light plumbing, mechanical and electrical. Performs other duties and activities as directed. This classification may be used for personnel assigned to either project or corporate building/facilities maintenance.
- Perform, repair & preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment.
- Perform, repair & preventative maintenance on hand tools.
- Perform repair & preventive maintenance on motorized tools and vehicles.
- Perform HSE self-assessments and safety audits within departmental areas.
- Perform locksmith services.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance such as lamp replacement.