Essential Job Responsibilities
– Inputs technical data on various software platforms to generate manufacturing orders.
– Maintains logging software for tracking engineering related data
– Digitizes and enters data into the drawing management system to generate 3D models, assemblies and drawings.
– Participates in sustaining activities by editing and updating drawings
– Produces hardcopies of drawings and related documentation as requested.
– Performs selection and dimensioning of mechanical parts and assemblies.
– Checks and verifies drawings to conform to specifications and design data.
– Interacts with engineers and other departments regarding model accuracy, design and drafting standards.
– Participates in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs for sustaining engineering activities.
Qualification Requirements (Minimum Education and Experience):
– SolidWorks formal training
– Diploma in drafting, engineering design or equivalent considered an asset
– 3 or more years of experience in similar or related roles
– Knowledge of ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code (Sec VIII, Div.1) considered an asset
– Knowledge of ASME Pipeline Codes (B31.8, B31.4, B31.3) considered an asset
Technical Requirements (software or program knowledge needed):
– Proficient with SolidWorks
– Knowledge of AutoCAD
– Knowledge of SolidWorks Enterprise PDM will be considered an asset
– Good communication skills, verbal and written
– Proficient with Word and Excel
– Experience with mechanical drawings
– Strong team player
– Capable of meeting tight schedules and deadlines
– Good performance under pressure
– Able to work on multiple projects and re-focus priorities as changes occur
– Highly motivated and good working attitude
– Customer Focus
– Dealing with Ambiguity
– Drive for Results
– Integrity and Trust