Oil and Gas Industry – Temporary/Contract Position (3 TO 6 MONTH ASSIGNMENT)
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. NO VISA SPONSORSHIPS. SPONSORSHIPS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED AT ANY STAGE.
Hours of work are 8am to 5pm, overtime is not expected regularly, but is an option if required and MUST be approved by manager (2-5 hours per week).
Environment: Fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment. Need resource immediately; will interview immediately.
Must have the following:
- Big Data experience
- Azure experience highly preferred. This role would support data operations to a customer who uses Azure and would work on setting up monitoring for our data stream to Azure / respond to issues related to Azure.
- Python programming knowledge – our code base is primarily in Python.
- OSI PI – Familiarity with OSI PI would be preferred, since the majority of our data is stored in PI. We also use the OSI PI Business Integrator to stream data to customers and to other internal databases (SQL, Postgres) that requires assistance with setting up new data streams, monitoring, and troubleshooting data issues.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Implement best practices for data engineering
- Develop processes and documentation
- Extract and prepare data for analysis
- Develop and revise data science model code
- Understand data path from source to destination
- Troubleshoot connectivity and data integrity issues
- Prepare and manage infrastructure (servers, databases etc.) for data storage
- Coordinate with software engineers, product engineers, data scientists and other data users to define and configure DataVault tag lists
- Prepare reliability-centered equipment maintenance templates, including tag lists and analytical models, for deployment to rigs
- Coordinate efforts with field engineers and cross-functional teams to ensure that rigs have the proper hardware, software, and network to collect data
- Develop code for automating data processing pipelines
- Perform other work-related tasks as required