SCHEDULE: 7a-4p or 8a-5p
This position is responsible for supporting the corporate supply chain management department by analyzing company-wide procurement data, preparation of request for proposals, maintain routine reports and align strategic pricing in an ERP system catalog. Under general supervision, works in conjunction with other supply chain personnel to analyze Company and industry trends in key categories and supplier groups. Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization. Lead in supply chain improvement initiatives like inventory reduction and management, management of Vendor Managed Inventory processes etc. Identify any cost or lead time reduction opportunities in procurement processes to improve supply chain performance.
- Work closely with project managers to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Proactively drive improvement and facilitate meetings across the organization, disciplines and responsibilities.
- Assist in developing and/or modifying current data tools for better efficiencies, simplification and standardization across the company.
- Develop and analyze standard and ad hoc business reports.
- Analyze data and summarize performance using specific tools, but not limited to Cognos, Excel, SQL etc.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for accurately preparing Company spend reports and all other general business analytics, clearly summarizing the results of the data analysis
- Identify cost savings and spend reduction opportunities, including reviewing item usage data in the Oracle procurement catalog
- Generate, develop and implement reports to support processes and metrics as required
- Prepare and analyze RFQ/RFP data.
- Provide information to help build and support rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Recommend methods and ways to obtain and analyze data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems
- Be able to analyze data from primary and secondary sources.
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify ongoing procurement process improvement opportunities, review with management and implement as directed.
- Identify and analyze issues with vendors/internal customers arising throughout the procurement process.
- Identify potential bottlenecks and recommend procurement strategies which support the company goals and long term outsourcing objectives.
- Maintain metrics, monitor improvements and document processes as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent knowledge about data analytics
- Good knowledge of MRP, preferably Oracle.
- Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages and tools.
- Experience within SCM is a great advantage
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics
- 5+ years experience mining data as a data analyst
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Strategic agility
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills