This is a night shift position: Training work hours will be for the first few weeks from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, they will work an 8 hour shift; once training is complete, their hours will change to 6:00 pm to 6:00 am – 12 hour shift (plus over-time as needed)
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE Mazak Integrex & Quick turn lathes experience.
As CNC Machinist you will strive to produce world class quality, precision machined components from raw material stage to completed product, for use in a variety of standard and bespoke end uses. You will take a customer service approach, both internal and external, with a view that the technical services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your work space and component production. You will be responsible for your own productivity output, utilizing various manufacturing processes and disciplines within the CNC center. As CNC Machinist you will be keen to take on challenges, develop your technical skills potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Programming will not be required on Mazatrol or G codes*
– Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all company and housekeeping standards are maintained.
– Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
– Interpret Engineering drawings manufacturing components within set tolerances.
– Interpret engineering drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective tooling/programming solution without compromising quality or safety.
– Plan and schedule workload according to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent meeting weekly targets.
– Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
– Demonstrate desire and willingness to promote and ensure that 5S principles are adhered to.
– Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
– Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
– Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
– Replicate and manufacture components based upon drawing interpretation.
– Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Cell Leader and implement changes when requested.
– Attend daily briefings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
– Record accurate time entry (WIP).
– Identify and report quality related issues to Cell Leader.
– Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the Cell Leader to understand the root cause where required.
– Willingly assist Cell Leader to eradicate identified or potential areas of non-conformance.
– Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
– Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
– Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
– Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
– Assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies and process performances to reduce overall
direct labor costs.
– Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Cell Leader.
– Cover holidays and absence by working overtime in line with business needs.
– Travel as and when required.
– Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.