Night-Shift 6pm to 6am – Overtime when needed/requested (after training has been completed)
REQUIRED – MUST HAVE:
- Primarily MAZAK lathe experience with live tooling. Also needing Integrex experience.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work night-shift hours 6pm to 6am
As CNC Machinist you will strive to produce world class quality, precision machined components from raw material stage to completed product, for use in a variety of standard and bespoke end uses. You will take a customer service approach, both internal and external, with a view that the technical services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your workspace and component production. You will be responsible for your own productivity output, utilizing various manufacturing processes and disciplines within the CNC center. As CNC Machinist you will be keen to take on challenges, develop your technical skills potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
- Interpret Engineering drawings manufacturing components within set tolerances.
- Interpret engineering drawings from sketches, existing drawings, and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective tooling/programming solution without compromising quality or safety
- Plan and schedule workload according to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent meeting weekly targets
- Demonstrate awareness of and promote company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate desire and willingness to promote and ensure that 5S principles are adhered to.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
- Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
- Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
- Replicate and manufacture components based upon drawing interpretation
- Report discrepancies in job route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Cell Leader and implement changes when requested.
- Attend daily briefings, actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas.
- Record accurate time entry (WIP)
- Identify and report quality related issues to Cell Leader.
- Accurately describe events during quality related investigations, aiding the Cell Leader to understand the root cause where required.
- Willingly assist Cell Leader to eradicate identified or potential areas of non-conformance.
- Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
- Identify technical issues and seek support to rectify them whilst offering solutions where possible.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies and process performances to reduce overall direct labor costs.
- Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Cell Leader.
- Cover holidays and absence by working overtime in line with business needs.
- Travel as and when required.
- Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional / Technical skills)
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand (Decision Quality & Problem Solving)
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Priority Setting)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing Others)
- Able to follow, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgment based on immediate and future business needs. (Process Management)
- Will be energized by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Action Oriented) Personal and Interpersonal
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer Focus)
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals (Self- development)
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit (Ethics & Values)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer Relationships)
- Time served apprenticeship in CNC Machining.
- Higher education, HNC/HND, in CNC Machining including range of operating programs.
- Good working knowledge of the Oil and Gas components.
- Working knowledge of CNC lathes, CNC machining centers & CNC horizontal borers.
- Knowledge of machine programming language e.g. Mazatrol/Fanuc.
- Previous supervisory experience/responsibility in a relevant field.
- Experience in G-Code, ISO machining languages.
Skills, training or special knowledge:
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Understanding of Engineering drawings.
- ERP knowledge such as Oracle, Emax.
- Understand common place industry materials and their application.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
- Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
- Participate in training where required.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
- To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.