WORK HOURS: 8 – 10 hours per day with possible weekends
Looking for CNC lathe machinist, preferably if you have machined valves before. HBM boring experience would be a plus, especially if you have worked with contouring heads on the HBMs.
Use blue prints, Bills of Materials, shop orders or sample parts to machine parts by determining dimensions and tolerances of finished pieces, operation sequences and setup requirements.
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on materials or work pieces as well as select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, turning, grinding attachments, accessories, and materials on laser.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate cutting and turning factors such as speed, gas pressure, and part clearance and to enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit machine control programs.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of- tolerance conditions, and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Machine parts and components within the specified tolerances, with limited scrap and in time with the production
- Perform in-process inspections to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and quality standards.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
- 3+ years in a machining environment.
- Knowledge of the proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
- Understanding of blueprints and routers.