We are seeking an experienced Business Manager to join our new Houston, TX location! Our choice candidate will have 5-10+ years of hands on experience in the Oil and Gas industry related to product/assembly certification and testing, excellent people leadership skills, solid Project Management and a strong background in managing customer expectations.
As a Business Manager, you own a deep knowledge of the strategies and needs of the customer in order to provide the right services, understand what capabilities are needed within the organization to build and to successfully align resources. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to grow the business by working with customers to understand the market and identify new ways to generate profitable revenue.
Additionally, you will be responsible for leading a high performance culture by managing the performance, development and engagement of team members and assuring the team is aligned with the overall strategy of the Division and the Enterprise. Responsible for leading and collaborating with multi-functional teams to drive initiatives to provide broader service offerings. Partners with Lab, Sales, Business Development and other functions to achieve financial goals, growth, understand areas of development and process improvements.
- Significantly expands the company’s Oil & Gas service portfolio in the Houston/Gulf of Mexico and Louisiana regions.
- Manages administrative, engineering and laboratory staff.
- Develops and executes Operational strategy to drive growth and financial results while ensuring customer satisfaction within a highly matrixed organization.
- Responsible for P/L activities, budget development, leading & driving initiatives, marketing campaigns, development of tools, driving process efficiencies to grow business segments.
- Assures team meets overall financial targets (revenue, profit, enterprise value, etc.) while ensuring quality and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for managing costs within assigned budgets. Responsible for reporting and forecasting, workflow overviews and providing input into growth targets for customers.
- Closely monitors and manages revenue from engineering activities, including unbilled, aging and inactive projects, work on hand analysis to ensure balance of demand and throughput.
- Drives and leads initiatives to identify new and/or additional business opportunities. Anticipates customer needs by creating strong partnerships with Sales and Business Development. Provides proactive solutions for new business opportunities to secure revenue, profit margin, market share and customer satisfaction.
- Builds customer intimacy and establishes strong relationships through customer visits, analyzing business data and market trends. Participate in client seminars, conferences and trade shows.
- Implements and executes capacity and capability strategies. Reviews project status, project management, ensures operational delivery, and closes any gaps. Successfully translate customer needs into an operational plan to fulfill projects with the right resources (availability, skillset).
- Drives a high performing team by managing the performance and development of team members. Operates effectively in the company matrix to actively support and drive high performance culture changes, transformation efforts and people engagement. Holds team and self accountable for results, defines accountabilities and establishes performance objectives and metrics to execute strategy. Develops and coaches by providing, training, career counseling, feedback, guidance to drive high performance and morale. Ensures understanding of and compliance with all established policies and requirements.
- Communicates and exemplifies the company’s Vision and Mission. Leads, promotes and embraces change for self and team. Collaborates and builds trust within the organization and with customers to meet or exceed their expectations. Develops strong, flexible cross-functional networks and global relationships to promote becoming the fastest, highest quality and most customer-friendly organization. Coaches and mentors employees to do the same.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Management or Business Administration
- Five+ years directly related experience in Industrial and Hazardous Locations Engineering and an awareness of the Oil & Gas industry standards is a must
- Five+ years of relevant management/leadership experience.
- Solid experience as lead or participant in cross-functional or global projects, or worked in multiple functions or regions.
- Lean Sigma Green Belt or Lean Leadership Training, Gage R&R experience or equivalent preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of how decisions impact business results, management concepts such as effectively building a diverse team and planning and thinking strategically.