Benefits once converted to fulltime: 3 weeks vacation, up to 10% bonus based on company performance, corporate cards for long travel expense or expense reimbursement for local travel.
This individual will be working with a team of 9.
As the Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Accounts Payable department. You will support the Accounts Payable Manager in continuous efforts to maintain payables accuracy, limit exposure, strengthen accounting compliance requirements and streamline processes. You will lead a team of hard-working Accounts Payable personnel, and you will facilitate communication between the staff and both the Accounts Payable Manager and business unit operational staff. We are looking for a champion who shares our company values of safety, purposeful innovation, and service above all. If you are someone who can challenge the norms while holding people accountable, then this job is for you.
We Are looking for Someone:
- With an approachable presence within a diverse work environment
- Who shows initiative, is deadline driven, and is detail oriented
- Someone who enjoys overcoming challenges
- Who welcomes new ideas and opportunities, and is not bothered by change or ambiguity
- Someone who can get to the root of a problem by using a healthy mix of data, insight and judgement
- Someone with strong analytical skills, and a thorough understanding of how to leverage a wide variety of data and related computer tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- A leader who can lift-up and motivate other to be successful (even under pressure).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the Accounts Payable function, including supervision of employees and oversight for all tasks related to accounts payable (including but not limited to, vendor set-up, invoice processing, check clearing, wire transfers and weekly payment proposals).
- Ensure personnel are reviewing all Non-PO vouchers for proper DOA approval.
- Ensure supplier W-9 forms are submitted and annual 1099 forms are prepared.
- Supervise all Accounts Payable functions with respect to the month-end close, ledger accounting and account reconciliations.
- Manage the processing of all vendor invoices through the ERP system.
- Create weekly payment proposal report and prepare check distribution for review.
- Weekly, review check proposal report for any unusual vendors or payments
- Approve and print weekly check run
- As needed, support AP personnel with entry of invoices in the ERP system
- Responsible for solving vendor disputes concerning invoices and payment status.
- Issue positive pay data to the bank and review all positive pay exceptions as necessary.
- Issue stop payments and void checks.
- Responsible for preparing month end journal entries for invoice/purchase order accruals.
- Assist Ledger Controller with departmental expenses analysis.
- Responsible for select non-accounts payable monthly journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Responsible for the completion of selected quarterly SOX accounting control and process walk-through tests.
- Provide monthly/quarter analytics as it relates to RNV, processing numbers and exception reporting.
- Assist manager with additional projects.
Qualifications: Training and Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years experience in positions of increasing responsibilities
- Exposure to and understanding of US GAAP accounting rules
- Excellent computer skills MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with ERP systems, Hyperion, Smartview and databases a plus.
- Industry knowledge