Reporting to the Director of Finance for the Intervention and Stimulation Equipment (ISE) Business Unit, the Wireline Controller leads the financial reporting, analysis, audits, internal controls and SOX compliance for a US-based ledger, through responsibilities outlined below:
- Hands-on and challenging role working closely with a high number of Finance and Operations personnel. Partners with the US Wireline leadership team and other cross-functional leaders across multiple operations and facilities.
- Manages the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes for a US-based ledger—including reviews of balance sheet and interpretation of operating results and variances (i.e. actuals vs budget vs. forecasts vs. trends) within the ISE manufacturing/operations facility.
- Responsible for managing compliance with SOX requirements and internal and external audits.
- Manages intercompany process, including effective management of the materials in transit process (MIT) and intercompany reconciliation.
- Evaluates business processes to streamline and drive improvements, with the goal of establishing best practices and standardizing policies and procedures across the business.
- Develops key performance indicators to evaluate, interpret and provide critical information in operational decisions.
- Manages the monthly forecast and annual operating and mid-year plans (AOP, MYP).
- Reports on operating metrics, backlog, headcount, capital expenditures, and other key areas.
- Technical advisor for complex accounting and financial reporting activities, including compliance with new revenue and lease standards, sales tax, transfer pricing, and FCPA compliance.
- Manages working capital; proactive in accounts receivable initiatives and coordinating with the credit department in the assessment of collection risk.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory reviews and analysis (valuation, verification, obsolescence) and works closely with operations to better manage standard costs, including periodic cost rolls. Works with operational groups to ensure accurate recording of inventory and production costs, including analysis of burden rates, standard costs, managing bill of materials (BOMs), routers, etc.
- Reviews product line margins, work in progress, OES reserves, warranty, labor/overhead rates, fixed assets, etc.
- Monitors the cycle count process, including coordination of periodic physical inventories.
- Provides leadership on financial initiatives, policies and practices in support of the business.
- Responsible for monitoring, developing and designing a strong internal control environment for SOX compliance requirements. Maintains a current understanding of the NOV Accounting Controls Manual (SOX) and ensures that the business is in compliance with these rules.
- Support ledger audit activities for internal and external audits.
- Manages and develops the staff within the department for their career paths and succession planning. Responsibilities include but are not limited to performance evaluations, training and cross-training, employee development and establishment of goals and performance objectives.
- Supports corporate tax group in adherence to statutory reporting requirements and tax compliance, including sales tax and intercompany transfer pricing.
- Supports other Corporate functions (Treasury, Legal, Real Estate, etc.) with business information and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Supports the Director of Finance with special projects.
- Other tasks as required.
TOP SKILLS NEEDED PER MANAGER:
- Technical skills – (Highly proficient to advanced Excel skills; experience using ERP systems. Prefer experience with ERP implementations; highly proficient and technical with HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and/or Essbase/Planning, including development and reporting through Smartview.
- Management skills – Strong leadership and management skills, including coaching, developing, and mentoring of personnel.
- Communication skills – Excellent communication; strong planning and organization skills.
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
- Experience in Oil & Gas environment
GENERAL SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA highly preferred
- At least 3 years in a similar role and 5-7 years overall experience in related Finance/Accounting field, including cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Oil & Gas industry experience preferred
- Highly proficient to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience using ERP systems. Prefer experience with ERP implementations.
- Highly proficient and technical with HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) and/or Essbase/Planning, including development and reporting through Smartview.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Strong leadership and management skills, including coaching, developing, and mentoring of personnel.
- Excellent communication; strong planning and organization skills.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with standard product costing, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Absorption, Labor Rates,
- Strong interpersonal skills working collaboratively with finance, operations and Corporate teams.
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented when needed.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SOX Management.